2. Obtaining personal information
License Academy Co., Ltd (hereinafter called “The Company”) which operates Shin-Okubo International Hotel (hereinafter called “The Hotel”) shall respect the privacy of its guests and take particular cares on administering the personal information (subject to the following definitions) of its customers when handling it.
Personal information shall be defined as information concerning a customer including names, addresses, phone numbers, mail addresses and other information that identifies the customer. Information that may not identify the customer by itself but still may identify by cross-checking with other information shall be included in personal information.
2. Purpose of usage
- Personal information shall be used for the purposes stated below. It shall not be used for any other purpose.
- (1) Accommodation booking.
- (2) Guidance for new services.
- (3) Administrative management for a facility user.
- (4) Preparation for statistical information.
- (5) Feedback concerning the hotel and responses to inquiries.
3. Use of personal information
Personal information obtained by License Academy shall be limited to a range agreed by a customer him/herself. Unless otherwise stipulated in laws/acts, information shall not be disclosed/provided to a third party without prior consent from a member him/herself.
4. Provision of personal information to a third party
The Company shall not provide personal information generally to any third party without obtaining consent from a customer. Information may be provided to a third party when the third party and contents to be provided are specified, and consent is obtained from a customer. However, personal information may be provided without obtaining consent from a customer without violating relevant laws/acts in the following cases.
- (1) When laws/acts require
- (2) When a life, a physical body and/or assets need to be protected but consent cannot be obtained
- (3) When the improvement of public hygiene and/or the sound development of children is required but consent cannot be obtained from a customer.
- (4) When the governmental organization, a local government or an organization outsourced by the said government requests cooperation so that legal work can be executed but difficulty may arise in conducting the said legal work if consent from a customer is obtained.
- (5) When a part or whole of operation/work handling personal information is outsourced within a required scope for a purpose of completing the usage purpose.
- (6) When personal information is provided as a result of merger or other reasons required for the succession of business, and the said personal information is handled within a scope of the usage purpose.
5. Outsource of personal information processing work
License Academy may outsource a part or the whole of operation/work handling personal information. The safe administration of the said operation/work at an outsourcee’s office shall be monitored appropriately and as necessary under the “Confidentiality Agreement on the handling of Personal Information”.
6. Utilization of statistically processed data
The Company may prepare statistical data processed in a way that an individual cannot be specified, on a basis of personal information provided. Any statistical data that cannot specify an individual may be utilized by License Academy with no limit.
7. Request for “Disclosure” “Correction” of personal information under disclosure
The Company shall disclose, revise (correction, addition or deletion of contents), suspension of use (discontinuance of use, deletion, suspension/discontinuance of provision to a third party), upon request from a customer or his/her agent.
- Documents to be submitted when requesting for disclosureContac by phone when requesting disclosure (Contact Here). Documents required for request shall be explained over phone.
- Verification of a customer is required when requesting disclosure Name, address, phone numbers.
- Reply to requested disclosure Reply shall be given in writing to an address stated on an application form. Specify a reply method when applying for disclosure if reply is preferred in a manner other than in writing.
- Reasons for nondisclosure. Nondisclosure shall be applied in the following cases. Once nondisclosure is decided, a decision and reason(s) shall be notified.
- (1) When a customer cannot be identified due to some inconsistencies including unmatched addresses between an application and registration.
- (2) When a proxy cannot be verified in case that an agent applies.
- (3) When designated documents are incomplete.
- (4) When subject to disclosure requested does not correspond to the disclosure of personal information.
- (5) When the life, body, assets and/or other rights/benefits can be damaged.
- (6) When the business/duties of the Company may be seriously disturbed.
- (7) When other laws/acts are violated.
8. Claim and Consultation Counter.
The Company shall handle any complaints, consultation and other inquiries appropriately and without delay. Contact us by phone for complaints, consultation and/or other inquiries regarding personal information.（Contact Here）
9. Accuracy of personal information
The Company shall accurately process data concerning personal information provide. However, a customer shall be responsible for the accuracy and update of personal information provided.
10. Limit in obtaining subtle personal information
The Company shall generally not obtain personal information which contains the following contents.
- (1) Issues regarding thoughts, beliefs and religions.
- (2) Issues on races, ethnic groups, lineages, registered domiciles (excluding information on residential addresses), physical/mental disorders, criminal records and other issues which may cause social discrimination.
- (3) Issues on the rights to organize, collective bargaining and other organized activities by workers.
- (4) Issues on participation in collective industrial actions, the exercise of the right of petition and other political rights.
- (5) Issues on healthcare or sex life.
11. Administration of personal information
The Company strives to execute appropriate security measures in order to prevent loss, abuse and/or modification of personal information under the administration of the Company. The personal information is stored under the safe environments not accessible by general customers.
12. Identity verification
The Company verifies a customer by using identifiable information (name, address, phone number) when a customer uses the Hotel services or when a customer requests disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of personal information. However, the Company shall not be liable when a person other than a customer obtains and uses identifiable information.
14. Privacy Officer
The executive officer of General Affairs Department Shall be in charge of and responsible for controlling the personal information possessed by License Academy Co., Ltd.
Contact phone number:03-5925-1643 （License Academy Co., Ltd.）
15. Inquiry on personal information（disclosure/correction/claims/consultations）
For any inquiry regarding the personal information of a customer, please contact
Reception desk staff, Shin-Okubo International Hotel
Available 24 hours (However, non-business days are excluded).
Our company is a candidate entrepreneur of a general Japan informationeconomy social promotion association "certified personal informationprotection organization." （Contact Here）
Yasunori Shirota CEO
License Academy Co., Ltd.